ByUs SARL, 12 rue du Château, L-3364 Leudelange, Luxembourg, RCS: B253985, intra-community VAT number LU33032445, referred to as “the Professional”
In regard to visiting the Website and the Orders which are carried out, the Professional is required to collect personal and confidential information from the Customers of its website. The processing of personal data is justified through different legal aspects, which depend on the use of the personal data.
Among the applicable legal bases:
- The contract: the processing of personal data is necessary for the carrying out of the agreed contract.
- Consent: acceptance of the processing of personal data through express consent (checkbox, click, etc.).
- Legitimate interest: the Professional has a commercial interest in processing the data which is justified, balanced and does not infringe privacy.
- The law: the processing of personal data is made compulsory by law
This collection is carried out with the informed consent of the Users expressed by reading this notice, through the fact of voluntarily ticking the box relating to the confirmation of reading the notice and by the voluntary and unilateral process of ordering products, on the Website. The processing of data thus carried out by the Professional has the following objectives: Order management and customer relations, payment of orders, personalization of services and messages addressed to the Customer, commercial prospecting by third parties, personalization online advertising, Website security, customer knowledge and Site statistics and performance.
In this context, the Professional ensures that the collection and processing of customer data complies with the following principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: data can only be collected and processed with either the consent of the customer who owns the data, or within the strict context of carrying out the service requested by the customer who owns the data.
- Limited purposes: the collection and processing of data is carried out to meet one or more purposes determined in this privacy notice;
- Minimization of the collection and processing of data: only the data necessary for the proper execution of the objectives pursued by the Professional are collected;
- Integrity and confidentiality of the data collected and processed: the data controller undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data which is collected.
In accordance with the amended law of August 2, 2002 regulating the protection of personal data in IT processing as amended relating to the protection of individuals, in regard to the processing personal data, the processing of personal information relating to customers has been the subject of a declaration to the National Commission for Data Protection (CNPD). Moreover, the Professional undertakes not to communicate, free of charge or in exchange, the contact details of its customers to a third party.
1. Information collected
As a general rule, the Professional collects the following information directly from Customers: surname, first name, address, email address, password, telephone number, IP address, connection data and navigation data, order history, preferences and centers. of interest, products viewed, delivery incidents, complaints. In some cases, the Professional may collect location data. The mandatory nature of the data is indicated during collection by an asterisk. Some data is collected automatically as a result of the customer's actions on the website, other information may be passed on by partners.
2. Collection process
The Professional collects the information provided by the Customer on the occasion of:
- Placing an order
- Browsing on the Website
- Discussions with customer service
- From subscribing to the newsletter
- Viewing advertisements
3. Collection medium
The information collected by the Professional is stored on a computer system and in a dematerialized manner.
4. Right of access
Under the conditions defined by the Data Protection Act and the European Data Protection Regulation (articles 14 to 22 of regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016), individuals have a right of access to data concerning them. , opposition, rectification, query, limitation, portability, deletion. The persons concerned by the processing implemented also have the right to object at any time, for reasons relating to their particular situation, to the processing of personal data, as well as a right of opposition. commercial prospecting. The individuals concerned contact, by any written means, the data controller in order to have their rights relating to access to their personal information applied, at the following address:
5. Information Security
The professional sticks to the accepted standards, in order to protect the information it collects and receives, both during transmission and after receipt. The Professional maintains suitable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect customers' personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing. This includes, for example, firewalls, anti-virus, password protection and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission or storage is completely secure. If the customer believes that the security of his personal information has been compromised, he must contact the Professional to inform him. If the Professional thinks that the information transmitted has been compromised, he will inform the customer in accordance with the applicable law.
6. Transmission of information to third parties:
The data collected may be transmitted to the service providers (subcontractors) to whom the Professional calls for the carrying out of its services within the context of the purposes mentioned above, for example for the management, execution, processing, payment of orders , as well as for marketing operations. For advertising targeting, the professional may communicate some of the non-identifying data in order to contact the customer and send personalized advertisements on social networks.
For commercial prospecting by third parties:
- Prospecting by email and text message: Email and text message data may be transmitted to partners for electronic commercial prospecting campaigns only if the customer accepts it. Consent may be withdrawn at any time and/or request the communication of the list of commercial partners at any time by writing to the professional at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone and postal prospecting: Postal and telephone data may be transmitted to third-party advertisers through partners as part of postal and telephone prospecting campaigns. Consent may be withdrawn at any time and/or request the communication of the list of commercial partners at any time by writing to the professional at the following email address email@example.com
7. Data transferred outside the EU
The customer is informed that data concerning him may be transmitted for the purposes mentioned above to companies located in countries outside the European Union which have a lower level of data protection than in the European Union. Prior to the transfer outside the European Union, the Professional will take all the necessary measures and guarantees, to secure such transfers.
8. Personal data of minors
The professional's services are not intended for Minors, therefore it does not process data relating specifically to minors. It is up to the parents and any person exercising parental authority to decide whether their minor child is authorized to use the services of the professional.
- The Professional uses Google Analytics (Google Inc., USA, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), a website analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “Cookies”. The information generated by these Cookies concerning the use of the Website by the Customer is generally transmitted to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored.
- The Professional also uses Google AdWords (Google Inc., USA, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA), an advertising system through which advertisers (i.e. ByUs) buy certain keywords in order to make their ads more visible in Google search results.
- The Professional uses Google Tag Manager (Google Inc., USA, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). The Tag Manager tool does not save any personal data. The tool causes the activation of other cookies which may, for their part, record data in certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not access this information.
- The professional uses the Google Remarketing function (Google Inc., USA, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). It allows the Professional to make personalized advertising for its Website in Google search results as well as on third-party websites. For this purpose, Google places a cookie in the browser of the Customer's device which, via a pseudonymous cookie ID, automatically generates interest-based advertising for the Customer based on the pages you visit. When the Customer visits the Website, Google can therefore open recognition criteria for the Customer's browser or on his device, evaluate his IP address or save a recognition function as a small text file on his device (a third-party cookie, for example). This data processing takes place on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Professional to optimally market its Website in accordance with Article 6, paragraph 1, subparagraph f of the GDPR. Data processing for other purposes only takes place if the Customer has consented to Google that his Internet browser and/or application history be linked by Google to his Google Account and that information from his Google account can be used to display personalized advertisements. If the Customer is logged in to Google while visiting the Professional's Website, Google uses its data together with Google Analytics data to create and define target group lists for cross-device remarketing purposes. His personal data is therefore temporarily linked to Google Analytics data to create target groups
- The Professional uses Google Adwords Conversion Tracking (Google Inc., USA, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) the purpose of which is to improve the Professional's Website and advertising activities. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a Customer clicks on a Google ad. If within thirty days, the Customer visits certain pages of the Website, Google (and the Customer) can see that he has been redirected to this page by clicking on the ad. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be tracked via AdWords customer websites. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for us. The Professional thus knows the total number of users who have clicked on his advertisement and who have been redirected to his Website. The Professional does not receive any information enabling the Customer to be personally identified. Data processing takes place on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
Valid for all Google services:
- If IP anonymization is activated, Google will truncate/anonymize the last byte of the IP address for member states of the European Union as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the Economic Area European. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to and shortened by Google servers in the USA.
- On behalf of the website provider, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating customer use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other related services for the website’s activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate the customer's IP address with any other data held by Google.
- You can permanently disable cookies for Google ad preferences by following this link: https://adssettings.google.com
10. Facebook Pixel
The professional uses a pixel from Facebook, Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA ("Facebook"). This tool allows the professional to follow the actions of users after they have been redirected to the Website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. The professional is thus able to record the effectiveness of his Facebook advertisements for statistical purposes. No personal data is stored or the user profiles on the sites of our partners are associated with personal data. The Customer may at any time deactivate data collection by clicking on the following link: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences. La désactivation d'un cookie makes it possible to permanently prevent the collection of data, unless the Customer does not delete the cookies in his browser or deletes it via the "Delete all cookies" function. The data collected is not recorded by the Professional, but is recorded and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and use it for its own promotional purposes: (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).